Hello there! I am so glad you are here. I am guessing you are starting to think outside the box of western medicine and are interested in a natural approach for your healthcare needs? I understand, because I was there once. I was researching all over the internet for a healthier alternative to support my family’s common ailments without using a cream from a tube or a pill from a bottle that I bought at the local pharmacy store. Throughout my research, it was essential oils that caught my interest. Sure, I found other natural alternatives (more creams and pills), but the ingredient list was still too big for my liking.
A year ago, I enrolled with a starter kit from dōTERRA and not a day has gone by since that my family hasn’t used essential oils. Is it a coincidence that this year has also been the healthiest we have ever been? Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, but we love the results we have experienced with essential oils and there’s no going back to our conventional ways.
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS EXACTLY?
- They are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants.
- They are extracted from plants using either distillation or expression (cold pressing).
- They provide plants with protection from predators and disease.
HISTORY FACTS OF ESSENTIAL OILS THAT I FIND INTERESTING:
- Essential oils have been used for spiritual, therapeutic, hygienic, and ritualistic purposes for nearly 6,000 years by the ancient Chinese, Indians, Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans.
- Hippocrates, “Father of Medicine”, documented the medicinal effects of essential oils and elements from over 300 plants, many of which are still popular today.
- During the Black Plague in 17th-century Europe, it is believed that Bucklersbury, England, was spared from the plague because it was the center of the lavender trade.
- In 1928, René-Maurice Gattefossé, a French chemist, founded the science of aromatherapy when he discovered the healing properties of lavender after burning his hand in a laboratory explosion.
WHY USE ESSENTIAL OILS?
- They are healthy, safe, and nontoxic for our planet, our bodies, and our homes.
- They can be used in aromatherapy, household cleaning products, personal beauty care, and natural medicinal treatments.
- They are made up of hundreds of natural compounds that enhance physical, mental, and emotional health, restoring the body to a state of healthy balance.
- They help support the body by addressing (not masking) symptoms and root causes, so you get BETTER, FASTER!
- They are powerful antioxidants. 2 drops of essential oil of clove has the antioxidant power equivalent to 5 pounds of carrots, 10 oranges, 2.5 pounds of beets, 4 cups of raspberries, and 2.5 cups of blueberries.
- They contain antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antitumor, antiparasitic, antiviral, antiseptic, and analgesic properties!
- They cost pennies per dose. One drop of pure peppermint oil is equivalent to 20 cups of peppermint tea.
HOW DO YOU USE ESSENTIAL OILS?
The sense of smell is about 10,000 times more powerful than our other senses. When essential oils are inhaled through the nose, tiny nerves send an immediate signal to the brain and go straight to work on the systems that moderate our minds and bodies.
- Use a diffuser to disperse tiny oil droplets throughout the air.
- Inhale directly from bottle.
- Inhale as steam (bowl of hot water, bath tub, or shower).
- Add a couple of drops to bed pillows or linens.
- Add to household surface cleaners or laundry.
When essential oils are applied to the skin, their healing components are absorbed into the bloodstream by the pores and hair follicles. Once inside the bloodstream, they disperse to the specific organs and systems on which they work.
Always read product guidelines on whether oil can be applied neat or must be diluted.
Always dilute essential oils in carrier oil when applying to infants and young children.
- Apply behind ears, to inside of wrists, temples, base of skull or other areas of concern.
- Feet have the largest pores. When applied to your feet, the oil will enter the bloodstream to affect the entire body within 30 seconds.
- Dilute your own single oils or oil blends in 10 ml roller bottles for easy application.
Only pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils should be used for internal consumption. Always read product guidelines on whether a specific oil can be used internally.
- Place 1- 10 drops of essential oil in an empty capsule and swallow.
- Place 1 drop of essential oil in 1 to 4 cups of water, tea or beverage of choice before drinking.
- Essential oils can be incorporated into cooking. Usually only 1 drop is necessary, sometimes less.
WHY DID I CHOOSE dōTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS?
- Maybe it’s because I am a scientist, but the fact that dōTERRA sources their essential oils from plants that are grown in their indigenous environment is what peaked my interest. Remember, essential oils provide plants with protection from disease. Therefore, sourcing an oil from a plant grown in its indigenous environment means the oil will naturally contain higher levels of the compounds that allows it to protect the plant versus those grown outside their region. Plants grown by a company in solely one state or country will naturally produce less potent oils due to different soil type, weather, and other environmental factors.
- Co-Impact Sourcing – harvesting essential oils from plants grown in their indigenous regions has created jobs and opportunities where previously there was none.
- Healing Hands Foundation
- dōTERRA essential oils are CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade), which means their oils are tested for potency, purity, and consistency using a rigorous quality control testing protocol.
HOW DOES THE WIEDMEYER FAMILY OIL IT UP?
- A diffuser that runs for up to 10 hours is refilled with different oil blends each morning in the main living area of our home, dispersing these little protective vapor balls in the air.
- There is also a diffuser in each bedroom that runs every night while we sleep. Blends of oils are changed daily, depending on our mood or the season (ex: Breathe essential oil blend may be diffused to support respiratory issues and Serenity essential oil blend to promote relaxation).
- My daughters and I have made our own body spray blends using essential oils.
- Since using essential oils we have started making our own body sprays, lip balm, toothpaste, bug repellent, and liquid hand soap.
- There are different roller bottle essential oil blends around the house to ease various ailments and emotions.
- I put several drops of Lemon and Ginger oil in tea each morning.
- We use essential oils in baking and cooking as needed.
- I place 1-2 drops of essential oil on my wrists and neck constantly throughout the day.
- We rub oils with relaxing properties (Lavender, Serenity, Roman Chamomile, etc.) on the bottom of our feet right before bed.
- We diffuse them in vehicles instead of using air fresheners with synthetic fragrances.
- DigestZen is our favorite oil blend for indigestion or upset stomach.
- We use Lavender oil to ease the itchiness of bug bites and Melaleuca for skin blemishes.
ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED ON YOUR ESSENTIAL OIL JOURNEY?
- Enroll as a Wellness Advocate with one of the enrollment kits listed below to save the most money and purchase products 25% below retail price.
- Membership cost is $35.00 the first year (which is included with kit price), then $25.00 the following year which comes with free bottle of Peppermint oil).
- As a Wellness Advocate you will have the opportunity to enroll in the Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP), which provides free product credit for monthly purchases ordered on the program (as high as 30%) in addition to monthly product promotions and incentives.
- What if you don’t want to enroll with a kit? Although this saves you the most money up front, you can still enroll and purchase products for 25% below retail prices by purchasing a Wellness Advocate Packet for $35.00.
LET’S GET STARTED…
- Click on any of the kit images above to get started (even if you wish to enroll with only a Wellness Advocate Packet)
- In the next screen, click on “Join & Save”
- Click on join dōTERRA at the bottom right of your screen
- Select your language and country
- Select “Wellness Advocate” (selecting this option does not mean you must sell oils, it’s only an option if you ever want to share your experience and enroll someone yourself)
- Input your contact/shipping info
- Select your enrollment kit
- Select shipping method and input billing info
- Click “Process Order Now”
- Once your order is processed it will prompt you to set up your monthly LRP. You can either do it right away or wait and I can call you to walk you through the steps on how to set it up on your personal dōTERRA website.
- You will also get a confirmation email from dōTERRA, which will be followed up with an email from me to help get you started, along with information on how access our essential oil team resources if interested.
IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PRIOR TO ENROLLING OR ABOUT ESSENTIAL OILS, CONTACT ME BELOW!